Doug&Marcy Aboard Charm

28 November 2009 | Isla at Marina Mazatlan
25 November 2009 | Mazatlan
15 November 2009 | Mazatlan
12 November 2009 | Singlar Boat Yard, Mazatlan
06 November 2009 | Marina Mazatlan
03 November 2009 | Mazatlan
09 October 2009 | Lacey WA
28 March 2009 | Mazatlan
05 February 2009 | Ajiijic, MX
02 February 2009 | Morelia, Michoan, Mexico
20 January 2009
20 January 2009
26 December 2008 | Lacey
13 December 2008 | Mazatlan, Mexico
13 December 2008 | Mazatlan
02 December 2008 | Mazatlan
11 November 2008 | Mazatlan
05 November 2008 | Mazatlan
03 November 2008 | Austin, Texas

Ray passes first test

11 November 2008 | Mazatlan
Doug
RayMarine, the autopilot or, as we learned from Marisela this morning, piloto automatico, has passed his first test. Rick Cummings, the owner of the boat services company here at Marina Mazatlan, came by this morning to accompany us on our final commissioning. We motored around the corner where there is room to do a couple big slow circles so the compass could learn its deviation and then a little straight shot to tell the compass the right direction and it was a done deal. Now Ray can take us from A to B. I just have to lay out the route, get on course and push the "auto" button.
So GOOD JOB, Julio and Rick for an excellent installation. Julio also went up the mast and installed a new VHF antenna.

So I'm ready to go, but the closest destination is 125 miles to the South. Actually, we could take Charm down to the old Harbor of Mazatlan where the cruise ships come in to dock. And I think we'll do that after we get the sails out of their bags and back on the boat, the bottom cleaned, the cushions cleaned. Maybe after Thanksgiving. We are joining about 180 boaters here for turkey dinner and music, dancing and conversation. Oh, and giving thanks.

Marcy was on Skype with Kendra and Tom in Portland and Quinn in Toronto last night. The Lwebuga remodel is coming along fine. New furnace, wiring, plumbing all got passing grades from the inspectors. I think drywall in happening now. Quinn and Monika had a good time on their honeymoon in Cancun. They said the weather was perfect and they got to visit Mayan ruins. But now it's back to work.

We plan to see the whole family next month for the Christmas holiday.

The picture is some of what we have to put back together.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charm
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 380
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Doug and Marcy Sanford
About: We are retired wanderers. We do have a home base in Wash State. We like traveling, golf, swimming, reading, our computers, and dancing. In Mexico, our favorite city so far is Mazatlan.
Extra: This is our third season cruising Mexico--might be one more before bringing Charm back to the NW to take a trip to Alaska.

Co Captains

Who: Doug and Marcy Sanford
Port: Seattle