S/V Chase the Cat

Ocean: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the sailing ship Chase the Cat. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no Chase the Cat has gone before.

26 September 2017 | Karimun Jawa
25 September 2017 | Karimun Jawa
24 September 2017 | Bawean
22 September 2017 | Bawean
18 September 2017 | Lowina
17 September 2017 | Lowina
15 September 2017 | Lowina
13 September 2017 | Lombok
12 September 2017 | Lombok
11 September 2017 | Lombok
09 September 2017 | Lombok
08 September 2017 | Gili Banta
06 September 2017 | Rinca Island (Komodo)
30 August 2017 | Labuan Bajo
29 August 2017 | Flores Region, somewhere around Riung
26 August 2017 | Maurole

There is a light at the end of the ocean....

25 September 2017 | Karimun Jawa
Mel
Under Motor, we made our way out of the beautiful Bay of Bawean. We could not do much sailing. There was no Wind at all. The waves were about 0.5 to 0.8m high and felt like being cradled to sleep. During the day, you could see the fishermen in their little boats crossing your path. In front of you, behind you, port side and starboard side, where ever you looked you saw at least one Fishing Boat every five minutes. During the night, you could mainly see the Squid boats with their bright lights, raking the sea in a line, coming towards you. Occasionally you past a little Fishing Boat, just to keep the variety up. At some stages you could see up to 30 Boats coming in your direction. In the daylight these squid boats were anchored just where they were when the sun came up, and made it much easier for us to pick a course through. (Photo Cargoship at night in the far distance)
Comments
Vessel Name: Chase the Cat
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau First 31
Crew: Grant, Mel and Chase
Chase the Cat's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.