Down river and turn right

26 August 2009 | SYH
23 August 2009 | Lowestoft
19 August 2009 | Whitby
12 August 2009 | Eyemouth
12 August 2009 | Eyemouth
30 July 2009 | Stromness
21 July 2009 | Kyleakin
11 July 2009 | Arisaig
02 July 2009 | Oban
23 June 2009 | Howth
12 June 2009 | Falmouth
05 June 2009 | Lymington
28 May 2009 | Ipswich and back
18 May 2009
17 March 2009 | London

18 May 2009
Well, retirement has now happened, the boat has been launched, the engine has been re-commissioned, and I've had a few trial sails. It all seems to be coming together, with the inevitable teething difficulties.

Last week I sailed round the Cork Sand, a couple of miles off Felixstowe, rounded Cork Sand Beacon satisfactorily, and went below to make a cup of tea. The autohelm promptly decided to gybe to boat onto the sand, almost making me spill the tea. So now that is being serviced, or possibly replaced.

This weekend's sail was far more satisfactory. Eleven boats sailed in company on the East Anglian Sailing Trust's introductory sailing weekend for visually impaired sailors. (www.e-a-s-t.org.uk ), with twelve visually impaired sailors and a total complement of 42. Nine of the VI's were new to EAST, and several had never sailed before, so the conditions of Force 5, gusting 7 were particularly challenging. However, we had two good days sailing in the Orwell and Stour estuaries, and everybody enjoyed themselves. We hope that everyone will come again. Many thanks to Suffolk Yacht Harbour and Ipswich Haven Marina for the free berthing, and to Ipswich Haven Yacht Club for their hospitality - sorry about the quality of the singing!
Comments
Vessel Name: Chelena
Vessel Make/Model: Sadler 32
Hailing Port: Suffolk Yacht Harbour

Port: Suffolk Yacht Harbour