Cheval

25 April 2016 | Buena Vista Cay, Ragged Islands
16 April 2016 | Puerto Vita, CUBA
15 April 2016 | Banes (Cuba)
14 April 2016 | Cuba (ORIENTE )
13 April 2016 | Holguin (Cuba)
12 April 2016 | Holguin (Cuba)
11 April 2016 | Guardalavaca (Cuba)
10 April 2016 | Puerto de Vita, Cuba
09 April 2016 | Puerto de Vita, Cuba
08 April 2016 | Puerto Vita, CUBA
25 March 2016 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
23 March 2016 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
22 March 2016 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
21 March 2016 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
20 March 2016 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
19 March 2016 | Calabash Bay (Long Island)
18 March 2016 | Calabash Bay (Long Island)
13 March 2016

left Water Cay for Salt Pond (Long Island)

17 March 2016
Nathalie
We left early this morning for Salt Pond (Thompson Bay) on Long island. We decided not to head for Georgetown just yet as we are probably going to be stuck there for a while due to weather (another cold front is coming down next Sunday or Monday). The trip was ,again, motor sailing close to the wind, then motoring through the comer passage. It was beautiful, motoring on a dead calm 8 ft deep turquoise water, we could see everything on the white sandy bottom of the sea: starfish, conch, fan corals, even a napping nurse shark! We arrived in Thompson bay mid-afternoon and were in luck: The mail boat just came yesterday and the store was full of fresh produce. We bought $120 of veggies and fruits and were so excited about seeing green food! Tonight, I am cooking asparagus, rice and hogfish with a small green salad! Long island has been hit pretty bad by the hurricane that devastated the crooked islands, last summer. The fuel dock was destroyed as well as any other docks I assume, but they already rebuilt a small one that allowed us to land the dinghy next to the hill where the grocery store was. The long term cruisers (some stayed 6 months) are helping the community rebuild, the packing house and the school in Clarence town and all kind of different projects around the island. We will be listening to the net tomorrow morning to see what is happening but most of the boats seems to have left the area already (they are only maybe 20 boats in the bay at the moment). We are planning to sail to Calabash Bay tomorrow but we shall see if we have enough wind, otherwise, it will be another……motoring!
Comments
Vessel Name: Cheval
Vessel Make/Model: Outremer 50
Hailing Port: Tavernier, Florida, USA
Crew: David, Nathalie, Alec and Emilie
About: The old crew of O'Vive reunited on Cheval for new adventures.

Cheval

Who: David, Nathalie, Alec and Emilie
Port: Tavernier, Florida, USA