the many adventures of Chilli Cat

07 November 2013 | Australia
06 November 2013 | Brisbane, Australia
29 October 2013 | New Caledonia
26 October 2013 | New Caledonia
20 October 2013 | New CAledonia
15 October 2013 | New Caledonia
13 October 2013 | New Caledonia
09 October 2013 | Vanuatu
07 October 2013 | Vanuatu
05 October 2013 | VAnuatu
04 October 2013 | Vanuatu
03 October 2013 | Tanna Vanuatu
03 October 2013 | Vanuatu
03 October 2013 | Vanuatu
03 October 2013 | Vanuatu
02 October 2013 | Vanuatu
01 October 2013 | Vanuatu
30 September 2013 | Pacific!
27 September 2013 | Nadi, Fiji
20 September 2013 | Waya island, Fiji

Moorea

09 July 2013 | Tahiti
heather Manfredi
This is another of the Society islands and the one closest to Tahiti. It was just a day sail over there in a nasty lumpy sea. Most of the resorts that are "Tahitian' are actually located here on the north coast. The island is picturesque, green and mountainous. On the way over we witnessed an amazing sight, it was the local outrigger race from Moorea to Tahiti. There we were, with our horse power motoring across but at least going with the sea and we come across these outrigger canoes manned with teams of four paddling against it! We felt a tiny bit guilty for a while.
We anchored on Opunohu Bay in the north for just a couple of days. Having been in Tahiti for a while and spent a fair amount on shore we were actually content to sit at anchor in these lovely surroundings. We were anchored fairly close to shore so the kids enjoyed paddling the aqua glide and swimming with their friend Gavin on the yacht Llyr and I could easily keep a watchful eye on them. Charles was in seventh heaven, he had managed to borrow a sewing machine for the day and was kept happy, busy and quiet making a shade cover for the side of the cockpit and a dinghy cover too. The following morning we did motor over to the front of the Intercontinental Hotel where you can swim with the sting rays. If you take some bread with you they will actually take it from your hand. This has been going on for some years and the rays are switched on so as soon as a dinghy turns up or some people are in the water (an adult can stand) they are all over you being very familiar! I found it a little freaky actually, its one thing being kissed by a handsome prince but quite another by a sting ray, and then the little reef sharks joined in! definitely time to get out of the water!
we enjoyed a quiet following day and headed out to Huahine at nightfall
Comments
Vessel Name: Chillicat
Vessel Make/Model: lagoon 440
Hailing Port: Sydney
Crew: charles Manfredi, Heather Manfredi, Luca Manfredi, (10) Isabella Manfredi(7)
About: Charles has about 40 years experience and knowledge in this game, which is just as well as the assembled remainder are keen learners at best at the moment......
Extra: We have taken leave from full time work, and full time school, and are cruising as a family from Italy to Sydney Australia.

CREW

Who: charles Manfredi, Heather Manfredi, Luca Manfredi, (10) Isabella Manfredi(7)
Port: Sydney