Cisnecito Around the World

Who: Julie and Chris Mays
Port: Newport, RI
02 February 2008 | Newport Beach, California
29 January 2008 | Newport Beach, CA
27 January 2008 | Balboa Yacht Club, California
25 January 2008 | San Diego, California
23 January 2008 | Mission Bay, California
20 January 2008 | Public Docks, San Diego
18 January 2008 | Shelter Island, San Diego
18 January 2008 | San Diego, California
17 January 2008 | United States/Mexico Border
17 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
17 January 2008 | Ensenada Mexico
17 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
16 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
16 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
14 January 2008 | Sacramento Reef, Baja California
14 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | 60 Miles West of Turtle Bay
10 January 2008 | 130 Miles South of Cedros Island

Willie T's

28 May 2007 | Norman Island
Julie
We sailed southwest from the Baths towards Norman Island, but then realized that we had forgotten to get fuel for the dinghy before leaving Bitter End. We decided to make a quick stop in Road Harbor, as we were not sure where the next available fuel would be. We wanted to make it quick, so Deni and I hopped into the dinghy and motored in while Chris and Ray slowly tacked and gybed through the harbor rather than taking the time to drop sails and anchor. The first fuel dock was closed for lunch, so now on fumes, we made it over the Moorings and were able to fill up and also pick up some goods at the market. We then pulled back alongside Cisnecito, which was still moving at a fair clip, Chris took the painter and pulled us close to the transom and we hopped aboard. I think it may have been more excitement than Ray or Deni had bargained for, but we pulled it off beautifully.

We arrived to the anchorage on Norman Island, known as the Bight and anchored a few boats away from Willie T's,, a very well-known floating bar that was already in full swing at 3 in the afternoon. After a quick anchor dram and swim, Deni and I kayaked over to the beach bar to put in a reservation for dinner. We then felt obliged to go to Willie T's to see what all the fanfare was about, namely yachties and drinking - although I think it now pales in comparison to the days when a free shot was rewarded to anyone who jumped off the roof naked. In any case, we had a good time and met some nice folks, causing us to arrive about 2 hours late for dinner, but after a stern "naughty, naughty", they went ahead and served us anyway.

In the morning we snorkeled in the caves off Treasure Point before heading off to Jost Van Dyke, about 15 miles northwest.
Comments
Vessel Name: Cisnecito
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 46 MkII
Hailing Port: Newport, RI
Crew: Julie and Chris Mays
Extra: After three years of freezing in New York, we decided to give up our corporate careers to set sail on the opportunity of a lifetime...
Home Page: http://www.cisnecito.com/

Who: Julie and Chris Mays
Port: Newport, RI