Cisnecito Around the World

Who: Julie and Chris Mays
Port: Newport, RI
02 February 2008 | Newport Beach, California
29 January 2008 | Newport Beach, CA
27 January 2008 | Balboa Yacht Club, California
25 January 2008 | San Diego, California
23 January 2008 | Mission Bay, California
20 January 2008 | Public Docks, San Diego
18 January 2008 | Shelter Island, San Diego
18 January 2008 | San Diego, California
17 January 2008 | United States/Mexico Border
17 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
17 January 2008 | Ensenada Mexico
17 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
16 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
16 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
14 January 2008 | Sacramento Reef, Baja California
14 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | 60 Miles West of Turtle Bay
10 January 2008 | 130 Miles South of Cedros Island

Emerged from the Internet Cafe

23 March 2007 | 150 Miles out of Jacare
Julie
We spent the majority of the last week in the Cabedelo Nautico Internet Cafe trying to finalize plans for Antigua - crew, accommodations, transportation, etc. I think that Assis and Pamela thought we might want to move in! In any case, we have pulled together a great crew and plans for the week are in pretty good shape.

We checked out, filled the boat with provisions and diesel and left Jacare this morning on the high tide at about 5:30. We had a really lovely day of sailing. A easy and fast beam reach with calm seas. For dinner we grilled carne do sol which is a specialty of the area. It is beef that has been salted and partially dried in the sun. It was originally a way of preservation in the days before refrigeration, but is now considered to be somewhat of a gourmet dish. In the restaurants they serve it cut in small pieces and fried. It's a bit drier on the grill, but I actually prefer it that way.

We just rounded the corner of the most eastern point on Brazil and are now heading northeast towards Jericoacoara, touted by Lonely Planet as a "trendy beach town, boasting a perfect combination of scenery, relaxing activities and nightlife." There is no anchorage, per se, but we have heard of boats anchoring behind a small point just to the west, so if it looks tenable, we will stop there for a night or two before heading on to Tobago.

Not much wind tonight (6-8 kts), but with the help of the current we're doing an easy five knots under main alone, as the wind angle is too deep for the genoa. There are a lot of boats out, both large freighters and small fishing boats, which we expect to will see as long as we are this close to shore.
Comments
Vessel Name: Cisnecito
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 46 MkII
Hailing Port: Newport, RI
Crew: Julie and Chris Mays
Extra: After three years of freezing in New York, we decided to give up our corporate careers to set sail on the opportunity of a lifetime...
Home Page: http://www.cisnecito.com/

Who: Julie and Chris Mays
Port: Newport, RI