Cisnecito Around the World

Who: Julie and Chris Mays
Port: Newport, RI
02 February 2008 | Newport Beach, California
29 January 2008 | Newport Beach, CA
27 January 2008 | Balboa Yacht Club, California
25 January 2008 | San Diego, California
23 January 2008 | Mission Bay, California
20 January 2008 | Public Docks, San Diego
18 January 2008 | Shelter Island, San Diego
18 January 2008 | San Diego, California
17 January 2008 | United States/Mexico Border
17 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
17 January 2008 | Ensenada Mexico
17 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
16 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
16 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
14 January 2008 | Sacramento Reef, Baja California
14 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | 60 Miles West of Turtle Bay
10 January 2008 | 130 Miles South of Cedros Island

Arrived in Zihuatanejo

19 November 2007 | Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Julie
We had a very uneventful trip up the coast and arrived this morning about 11. The bay is huge with several places to anchor and plenty of room. We anchored just off of town where there were a couple other sailboats and a few small fishing boats. We got anchored, put up the sun awning and set up the dingy in record time and went ashore to visit the Port Captain. He was a nice guy and told us to come back on Wednesday for a stamp.

We wandered around town which is cute but definitely more touristy than the last few places we've been. We have not seen this many Americans in ages. After lunch of tortas and tacos, we went to chat with Rick at his infamous Rick's Bar which is the"cruiser hang out" - for good reason - he has laundry, internet, cable TV, showers and lots of good info.

Chris and Andrew went back to the boat and I took in a couple of bags of laundry to be done and walked up to the Comercial which is like the Mexican version of Wal-Mart. It's a huge store with pretty decent variety. I found a turkey - the big unknown - so we can all sleep well. On my way back I stopped at the local mercado which was good too. Between the supermarket and mercado, I think we should be able to find everything we need for Thanksgiving dinner - except cranberries and pumpkin which Chris' parents will bring down on Weds.

I'm looking forward to doing dinner on the boat again this year. One of our best memories of this trip was making Thanksgiving dinner for 12 of our friends (none of them American) last year in South Africa. It was so fun and the cooking part was really not that hard. Hopefully it will turn out as good this year.
Comments
Vessel Name: Cisnecito
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 46 MkII
Hailing Port: Newport, RI
Crew: Julie and Chris Mays
Extra: After three years of freezing in New York, we decided to give up our corporate careers to set sail on the opportunity of a lifetime...
Home Page: http://www.cisnecito.com/

Who: Julie and Chris Mays
Port: Newport, RI