For As Long As It Lasts

11 May 2013 | Kingston
29 April 2013 | Kingston/Toronto
22 April 2013 | Inverary, Ontario
22 April 2013 | Kingston
17 April 2013 | Kingston
12 April 2013 | Kingston
10 April 2013 | Kingston
28 March 2013 | Kingston
23 March 2013 | Kingston
13 March 2013 | Kingston
10 March 2013 | Kingston
28 February 2013 | Kingston
27 February 2013 | Kingston
19 February 2013 | Kingston
14 February 2013 | Kingston
09 February 2013 | Kingston
06 February 2013 | Kingston
05 February 2013 | Kingston
02 February 2013
31 January 2013 | Kingston

Back in the USA

21 May 2010 | Georgetown
Jennifer- Hot Thank Goodness!!
Back in the USA.

I arrived in Myrtle Beach at 11:30 am yesterday, May 19th. My luggage did not. About 14 of us did not get our luggage but it did get delivered to me here at the marina just after 8 last night so all is good. My visit back to Frontenac St. (Notice I did not say "home") was fantastic. I enjoyed a few days with my youngest daughter in Ottawa and she kept me busy visiting cool knitting shops in Ottawa. We did a road trip through Perth, Ontario to Janie H. Knits, The best fibre store I've been to so far. The owner and assistant were knowledgeable and friendly and her range of fibres, textures and colours made me want to bury my head in the bins and just inhale. It will be a place to return to time and again. A highlight for me was, after much begging, pleading and convincing, Mackenzie let me drive her new standard car. I was not sure I could remember or if physically I could do it since it's been about 10 years since i drove a standard and certainly hadn't tried post stroke. I sat for a second, positioned myself, got my feet in place and perfectly pulled away from the curb as smoothly as if I had just driven yesterday AND that was with it parked on a upward hill. I drove through Perth negotiating construction, stop lights and back onto highway 15 without lurching or hopping once. Mackenzie was totally impressed but after about 10 miles she couldn't take it anymore so I graciously let her have her car back. But it was a total thrill to know I could remember and use my left side well enough to manage clutch, brake, and gears. WOW.
I spent the bulk of my time with my eldest daughter on F-St. The weather was coolish so I didn't get my gardening fix. But I got to connect with many friends and family. I hosted a party on the 14th for my girlfriends and therapists called "you've come a long way baby" who helped in putting me back together, it was a great success. Al and I are now officially known as "TRAWLER TRASH". I will get Al to post pics on Picasa of my visit home. I didn't take as many photos as I had planned. There are a few of my sibs and I on Mother's day. We are all officially GREY. There are some pics of the fabulous ice cream cake made by Vee. It was homemade ice cream, vanilla/pepper on top and strawberry on the bottom, garnished with strawberries. It was decadent. I think Vee is the homemade ice cream queen as she made lavender ice cream too, very unique. There are pics of the key lime pie I made, those little key limes are a bugger to squeeze but it was worth the effort. I got in a haircut, some personal services and the doctor and dentist. So I'm good to go for a while.
It feels great to be back HOME again. Al and Miss B were both happy to see me. I'm ready to get on with the next leg of this life.
Comments
Vessel Name: Close Knit
Vessel Make/Model: Marine Trader Double Cabin
Hailing Port: Kingston, Ontario
Crew: Al, Jennifer & Bridget.
About: Ex sailboat couple from S/V Ruth. Continuing our trip down south, in a little more comfort (& alot more work!)
Extra:
Alistair and Jennifer are a couple who met in 2007 after Jennifer survived a stroke in early 2006 and lost her husband to cancer the same year. Al had been a life long sailor and after dating several months Al suggested a lifestyle on a boat, cruising. Jennifer had no sailing experience and was [...]

Who: Al, Jennifer & Bridget.
Port: Kingston, Ontario