For As Long As It Lasts

11 May 2013 | Kingston
29 April 2013 | Kingston/Toronto
22 April 2013 | Inverary, Ontario
22 April 2013 | Kingston
17 April 2013 | Kingston
12 April 2013 | Kingston
10 April 2013 | Kingston
28 March 2013 | Kingston
23 March 2013 | Kingston
13 March 2013 | Kingston
10 March 2013 | Kingston
28 February 2013 | Kingston
27 February 2013 | Kingston
19 February 2013 | Kingston
14 February 2013 | Kingston
09 February 2013 | Kingston
06 February 2013 | Kingston
05 February 2013 | Kingston
02 February 2013
31 January 2013 | Kingston

Fireworks

02 July 2012 | Kingston, Ontario
Jennifer
Last night Al’s daughters and I got to watch the fire works at City Hall from my balcony. Natasha and I shared some wine. It was a nice way to spend a frustrating day. Al was not talkative at all and slept most of the day. He had been moved out of ICU to the Neuro floor. I think small changes are confusing and tiring for him. He is not able to stand to transfer into a chair so he was lifted (kind of like a boat travel sling) into a chair and we wheeled him into the sun room. He did not seem impressed by this step forward.

I can tell by his attitude and facial expression that he is very sad and unhappy with his condition. I am contemplating some tough love to get him to try to get going. If he wants to get home he has to put in the work. I know the effort is hard but he has to keep trying. Giving up is not an option.

His feet are getting dry so I’m taking lotion in to massage his feet today.

When we were in the sunroom today looking over the water, it was hard not to think that just 3 years ago this month we navigated that very water in Ruth to make our way south. I have fond memories of our Canada Days in the USA. Most places we would cruise to a Canada Day celebration would be put on in some fashion in our honour.

Bridget has been staying with Kiley but I’ve brought her home the last 2 nights. She looks for Al and I am glad to have her here to snuggle. When Al gets to Providence Care she will be allowed to visit. That should lift his spirits.

Al’s daughters will leave later today. The holiday weekend will be over tomorrow so services will be in full swing at the hospital. The week ahead will be full of consults and planning for Al’s continued recovery.
Comments
Vessel Name: Close Knit
Vessel Make/Model: Marine Trader Double Cabin
Hailing Port: Kingston, Ontario
Crew: Al, Jennifer & Bridget.
About: Ex sailboat couple from S/V Ruth. Continuing our trip down south, in a little more comfort (& alot more work!)
Extra:
Alistair and Jennifer are a couple who met in 2007 after Jennifer survived a stroke in early 2006 and lost her husband to cancer the same year. Al had been a life long sailor and after dating several months Al suggested a lifestyle on a boat, cruising. Jennifer had no sailing experience and was [...]

Who: Al, Jennifer & Bridget.
Port: Kingston, Ontario