Cloud Messenger

Vessel Name: Cloud Messenger
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft / Crealock 37
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: David and Cheryl Schachter, Ali Baba
About: Happily married couple. He's a sailor, she and the dog are not.
03 May 2010 | Big Major's
18 April 2010
12 April 2010 | Sampson Cay
05 April 2010 | Bennett's Harbour, Cat Island
04 April 2010 | Bennett's Harbour, Cat Island
29 March 2010 | Cat Island
25 March 2010 | Conception Island
23 March 2010 | San Salvador Island
14 March 2010 | Rum Cay
12 March 2010 | Rum Cay
08 March 2010 | Rum Cay
04 March 2010 | Sand Dollar Beach, Georgetown
02 March 2010 | Sand Dollar Beach, Georgetown, Great Exuma Island
28 February 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
22 February 2010 | Calabash Bay, Long Island
18 February 2010 | Emerald Bay
14 February 2010 | Little Farmer's Cay
11 February 2010 | Staniel Cay
09 February 2010 | Little Farmer's Cay
08 February 2010 | Little Farmer's Cay
Recent Blog Posts

No blog posts yet...

Men's Adventures

03 May 2010 | Big Major's
Cheryl/Dunno, I’m not there
David has been remiss. Apparently he is having too much fun to keep you all informed and update the blog. So if you don't mind your news second hand, here goes. After I left the boat David sailed single-handed down to Little Farmer's Cay. "Blue Blaze" and "Joyous" sailed there as well. Jason would be off the boat for a week working so he wanted to get Laura settled somewhere where the people were friendly, there was an airport and he knew she would be safe. Jason left for Florida just as David's dad, Harry, flew in. Harry stayed on the boat for about ten days. According to reports he said, "It was a trip of a lifetime" and that's saying something when you are 82. They were adventurous and hiked to the local cave where they swam with little curious shrimp. They sailed. They fed the iguanas on Bitter Guana Cay. They walked the beaches and the island. But it sounds like the best part was getting to know the locals at Little Farmer's. The people there are friendly, kind and respectful of their elders; they loved Harry. They truly appreciated his adventurous spirit and willingness to travel to such a remote place. They all ate and drank and played until the ten days had flew by and Harry had to leave. David couldn't say enough about how much he enjoyed his father's visit and the people who made it a success both the locals and our sailing buddies. Harry flew out on the same plane as Laura's brother and his partner who had also come to visit. Morgan flew in almost the very next day! Morgan having just finished up shooting his latest movie (see trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M7m3XDoM-o ) was able to arrange his schedule so he could spend the next three weeks helping David sail the boat back to the States while enjoying the trip of a lifetime himself. Since his arrival it sounds like the action hasn't stopped. They have fed the iguanas, visited the swimming pigs, swam with the sharks, snorkled daily, bonefished, sailed, drank and have eaten many a gourmet group dinner. Together they have started videoing some of these expeditions and promise to send those to me for uploading here on the blog as soon as they have solid Internet. That may not be until they reach the States but it will happen. "Joyous" has headed up the line and started the return to the States like our other friends, "Freedom" and "Sea Fox" and so many others. "Blue Blaze" and "Cloud Messenger" will start that trek as well this week. They have plenty of plans for excitement along the way but they are definitely turning the bows North. I, selfishly, am relieved. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that Morgan and David are having fun and spending such an incredible time together BUT the sooner they head North the sooner David will be home with me. If you want to know what I have been doing since I left the boat, I have been showering daily, buying loads of fresh vegetables and not checking the weather forecast.
Comments

About & Links

SailBlogs Groups
SailBlogs Friends
Jade
Journey