Sail Away with Second Wind..

15 October 2009 | Avalon, Catalina
12 October 2009 | Avalon, Catalina Island
10 October 2009 | Oceanside, CA
06 June 2009 | San Diego
19 February 2009 | San Diego, CA
13 January 2009 | San Diego, CA
07 September 2008 | Two Harbors, Catalina
15 August 2008 | San Diego, CA
02 August 2008 | 9:30pm, moored at Two Harbors
22 July 2008 | San Diego, CA
19 July 2008 | San Diego, CA
31 May 2008 | On our way to San Diego
29 May 2008 | San Diego, CA
28 May 2008 | San Diego, CA
26 May 2008 | 1:30pm, docked at Marina Coral
25 May 2008 | 9:00pm, anchored at Puerto Santo Tomas
24 May 2008 | 2:00pm, anchored at San Quintin
24 May 2008 | 3:30pm, underway to San Quintin
22 May 2008 | 5:00pm, at anchor in Turtle Bay
21 May 2008 | 7:00pm, at anchor in Turtle Bay

Uno Mas

10 March 2008 | Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Melissa
Uno mas dia that is..or one more day. I goofed today. I could have sworn the port captain's office was open until 5pm. Wouldn't you know, when we took our paperwork to the office to "check-out" of the anchorage, the office was closed. Turns out I read the sign completely wrong. The sign said open from 9:00 to 15:00. Oops...it looks like I need my eyes checked again. So, we won't be able to check out until tomorrow, and we will stay another night here before going to the island. I should mention that the reason we must visit the port captain's office is that it's a procedure we must follow while down in Mexico. Boats must check-in and check-out of ports so that the country can keep track of the vessels here. It's actually a pretty easy procedure. We just take our official boat documentation, import permit, visas, passports, and last port check-out paperwork to the office so we can get a new check-out paper. I understand a few years ago the procedure was a lot more complex, but Mexico has done some great things to make it easier on us yatistas.

We ran into another snafu today as well with our propane tank. We dropped it of on Saturday to be filled. Since the businesses are often not open on Sunday, it was not going to be ready until 11am this morning. The store had not gotten a chance to fill our tank by 11am, so they asked me to come back at 4pm today. When I went back at 4pm, a young girl in the store told me that there was "no gas today" and that the person this morning must have been mistaken about today. So, anyway, we haven't gotten the propane yet, but we're told if propane is available tomorrow, they will fill our tank. Otherwise, they will return our tank empty. Hopefully it's the former, but if it's the latter we'll make do until we get to Barra de Navidad.

On another note, we ran into Yachtsman's Dream tonight as we were having pizza at the "spaghetti hut." We met Yachtsman's Dream in Chamela. We are planning to get together with them tomorrow night, and we are really looking forward to that. It's always fun to get together and get to know our neighbors better!
Comments
Vessel Name: Second Wind
Vessel Make/Model: 2000 Beneteau 331
Hailing Port: San Diego
Crew: Cory & Melissa
About:
If you've considered cruising, but never had the ability to cut the ties to land, contemplate this quote from Mark Twain....."Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. [...]

Who: Cory & Melissa
Port: San Diego