Coba Libre Adventures to Aus

01 October 2013
18 September 2013
17 September 2013
16 September 2013
16 September 2013
16 September 2013 | Mana
02 September 2013
02 September 2013
29 August 2013
29 August 2013
28 August 2013
21 August 2013 | Fiji
03 August 2013
03 August 2013
03 August 2013
03 August 2013
03 August 2013
03 August 2013
20 July 2013
20 July 2013

Goodbye Fiji

01 October 2013
So much has happened between Fiji and now, We had a lovely two months with family cruising around Fiji. We checked in at Vanua Levu, Savusavu and visited the Yasawa group of islands, the Mamanucas and the mainland of Viti Levu.

We ended up finding a new crew member as well, his name is Leigh and he is from the U.K he is cycling around the world, He has been a great help so far and it is so nice to have an extra person on board to help with the watches and sailing the boat back to Australia. If you are interested in seeing his blog which is a must, check it out www.pedal360.com.


18 September 2013
This was a really pretty little anchorage in the Yasawas called Navandra, It was a little rolly and hard to get ashore as the waves were crashing on the beach so we surfed the dinghy ashore on a wave to check out the secluded island. It was paradise.

17 September 2013
The Beautiful Blue Lagoon in the Yasawas

16 September 2013
Another Beautiful sunset on Mana Island

16 September 2013
Mana Island is part of the Mamanuka Group of Islands in Fiji it is the island North from Musket Cove. This place is beautiful it has a great swimming pool and the snorkeling is amazing.. We motored over to this beautiful sand bank and spent the morning swimming and just chilling out. Unfortunately our outboard motor is dying so our friends from Boundless had to be near us just in case it stopped. We have been really lucky with the weather the last week not a lot of wind and flat calm seas.

Cruising Fiji

16 September 2013 | Mana
We have been sitting rotting in Port for a few weeks waiting for James mum to arrive on her holiday with us in Fiji, We spent the first couple of days in Vuda Point Marina which is fantastic and are now slowly cruising up toward the Yaswa Islands.

02 September 2013
Robinson Crusoe Fire Dancers

02 September 2013
Watching the Fire Dancers at Robinson Crusoe Island, In Fiji with mum and dad xx It is a must if you want to see an amazing show, really great fun and friendly staff !

29 August 2013
Surfs up, this is my Dad on our way to Cloud9...

29 August 2013
This is our current location , www.denaraumarina.com

Mum and dad left us yesterday, we had an amazing time sailing to Musket Cove and Robinson Crusoe Island. We are tied back up to the dock in Denarau Marina waiting for our new forepeak and back cabin cushions covers to be made. Hopefully they will be done by Sunday so we can go back to sleeping in our normal bed and go back to Vuda Point Marina as it is cheaper and lots of things going on.

We have been catching up with our friends on Nakesa, we cruised with them for the last few years, but they have now settled down in Denarau so its been great seeing them.
Vessel Name: Coba Libre
Vessel Make/Model: Hallberg Rassy 38
Crew: James & Lesley Laker
About:
We set off from The UK in May 2009 with a plan to sail to Australia. We have sailed the Med across to Madeira then we joined the ARC 2010 leaving from Las Palmas to St Lucia.We were lucky enough to find work on an Oyster 56 sailing to Bermuda, Canada and the USA . [...]
Extra: Hope you can follow us on our journey and make sure you check our Spot Tracker under favorites for daily position reports on google earth !
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/coba

Who: James & Lesley Laker