Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Who: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
Port: Bellingham, WA

Winter Frostbite Cruise with Dave and Mary

30 December 2012 | San Juan Islands of Washington
Don/Brrrr
Hooray!!!! We are ready to begin our winter frostbite cruise. This year, my brother Dave and sister-in-law Mary are joining us. We are sooooooooooo happy! They are sailing around the world but left their boat in Malaysia while they are seeing family here in the US. Temps in Malyasia have been above 90. Now they are here with temps around freezing. The picture above says it all, I think. They are not used to our winter temps. Such a bro and broessa to join us on our boat!!!! We had dinner last night with sis Dotie and today slipped our frozen lines in Bellingham and crised through the fog with radar and AIS to Roche Harbor where we had dinner at MacMillans. OMG! Such a meal! There was a schnitzel to die for, crab bisque with local crabs, prime rib cooked perfectly, and deserts that made tummies feel very good. A wonderful meal. Afterwards, we walked carefully down icy docks to our boat and had a wondrful time as Dave and Mary played a fierce game of Blokus. They are so competitive but such a loving couple. Let's call it a draw. ;-)
Comments
Vessel Name: Change of Latitude
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Banks CL 42
Hailing Port: Bellingham, WA
Crew: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
About: We live on the East Coast but enjoy wilderness cruising in the Pacific Northwest.
Extra: We enjoy crabbing, shrimping, fishing, and clamming. Some of us are crazy enough to swim in Northwest waters during the summer.

Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Who: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
Port: Bellingham, WA