Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Who: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
Port: Bellingham, WA

A Photo Hike and Then To Tacoma

07 January 2016
We got up and went for a walk on the island. The trail was wet and baocked at one point by fallen trees so we turned around and came back. It was still a nice walk and we both took a few photos.

We headed out about 10 am through more ferries and then a quiet passage down the west side of Vashon Island and headed over to the Foss Waterway in Tacoma. At the end was a wonderful marina, Dock Street Marina. We found Ocean Flyer and Telita, two other Grand Banks tied up at the marina as we arrived. Our friends were not aboard, so we figured that they were visiting the museums here. I was coming down with what appeared to be a horrific cold so I started pumping fluids and using hand sanitizer liquid. It looked to be a doozy. I was hoping Deb would not come down with it.

We went up to the Glass Museum to have lunch and then came back to our boat where I took a nap. Then we went up to see if a fav crepe restaurant was still there. It was! Savory was right where we had enjoyed several great meals about 4 years ago. The owner was there, too, and we told him we had come all the way from Connecticut to enjoy another meal. It was awesome, just like we remembered it and the best part with the desert crepe, a chocolate mound of deliciousness! We returned home to watch the women play Houston in basketball. We looked a little out of sorts but still won easily, 76-37.
Comments
Vessel Name: Change of Latitude
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Banks CL 42
Hailing Port: Bellingham, WA
Crew: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
About: We live on the East Coast but enjoy wilderness cruising in the Pacific Northwest.
Extra: We enjoy crabbing, shrimping, fishing, and clamming. Some of us are crazy enough to swim in Northwest waters during the summer.

Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Who: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
Port: Bellingham, WA