Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Who: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
Port: Bellingham, WA

The Washington State History Museum

09 January 2016
Today, we planned to visit the beautiful Washington State Museum. I did some work in the morning and then we headed up to a coffee shop, where I could get some online work done and send out some materials for a course I was teaching with several colleagues. We walked up the stairs and across the Chihuly glass bridge to the coffee shop. The wifi was very good and we enjoyed some tea (Deb) and espresso (me). At 2 we went next door to the museum. Deb gave our discounted tickets to a woman and her challenged son, who were thrilled at saving some money. We paid full fare. We learned a reception was being held at 5 and the doors would close. We went in and enjoyed a really amazing new exhibit on geologic disasters in Washington. It would be cool, someday, to drive the route they marked and visit each of the locations. Washington sure has some amazing geology! Then it was up to the top floor where there was a special exhibit on Captain James Cook and his many voyages to the Northwest. That was even better, a really remarkable exhibit. That evening we walked along the Foss Waterway down to a good fish restaurant for dinner. Our food was really good. Then we walked back to the boat for bit of exercise and turned in.
Comments
Vessel Name: Change of Latitude
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Banks CL 42
Hailing Port: Bellingham, WA
Crew: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
About: We live on the East Coast but enjoy wilderness cruising in the Pacific Northwest.
Extra: We enjoy crabbing, shrimping, fishing, and clamming. Some of us are crazy enough to swim in Northwest waters during the summer.

Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Who: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
Port: Bellingham, WA