Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Who: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
Port: Bellingham, WA

Back to Blake and a TV Day

10 January 2016
The weather turned sunny and bright as a small high pressure cell moved in for a day or two. We took care of a few things on the boat and had a leisurely breakfast. We passed a large ship loading grain at the grain elevators outside Foss Waterway in Tacoma. Then, it was off to Blake Island and a day of TV.

The Seahawks were in a wild card game at noon, the UCONN women played a game against the beat team in their conference, USF, at 3, Madame Secretary was on after dinner, followed by the Downton Abbey premier for Year 6. Oh, my! My eyeballs would be fried by the end of the day.

We had wonderful weather for the trip north, a short one along the West side of Vashon Island, retracing our route south. We got tied up securely, completed our moorage slip with our annual pass and sat down to enjoy an exciting football game. The people here are absolutely nuts about their Seahawks and we are starting to get into the mood, too. The Hawks won after the Vikings kicker missed a short last second field goal. They were very lucky, but they advance.

The UCONN women had a close game against USF until the second half and then pulled away for another win.

Madame Secretary was the best show I have seen. The world was about to go to war, her husband lost a former student to the Russian KGB, and the US astronauts were about to lose their lives. Someone everyone survived! LOL. Still, a great program.

Then it was time for Downton Abbey. I had never watched this show but I followed along reasonably well. It was good enough to watch the next program.
Comments
Vessel Name: Change of Latitude
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Banks CL 42
Hailing Port: Bellingham, WA
Crew: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
About: We live on the East Coast but enjoy wilderness cruising in the Pacific Northwest.
Extra: We enjoy crabbing, shrimping, fishing, and clamming. Some of us are crazy enough to swim in Northwest waters during the summer.

Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Who: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
Port: Bellingham, WA