Sailors to seadogs

Jackie & Colins' adventures on the high seas.

09 April 2017
03 April 2017
03 April 2017
21 June 2016
13 March 2016
27 February 2016
27 February 2016
18 November 2015
12 November 2015
27 September 2015
15 September 2015 | Puerto Real Marina
07 September 2015
28 July 2015
26 July 2015 | Ile a Vache, Haiti
18 July 2015 | Ila a Vache Haiti

Super saturday

08 September 2012 | still on dry land
5mph, calm
Things are hotting up on the property sale side of things, today we had two viewings on our house. One was a couple that had come back on their 3rd visit and so must be very interested and the other two hours later was a cash buyer. That means they've got no property to sell and if they like it could move straight away. We also had a viewing of our other property, which I own with my brother, this by a couple that are very keen on this one, and have put in a low offer, but one that we've accepted. The only glitch on this one is that they need to put to put together a slightly off the wall financial package, but one that we're told will be approved.
After such a lot of viewings with no takers this makes this a super Saturday with three potential buyers.
All we need is one of them to come good and we're on our way.
Mind you , living in your house and having to keep it tidy is against our nature. not that we live like animals, but having to spruce everything up, put stuff away, dust, wipe down, put on the coffee and then leave whilst the fishes come nibble our bait is trying to say the least.
Today we had a mission that meant we at least had a reason to be gone. We had to row out to The Hearts of oak to secure her mooring which we sort of cocked up last week when we grounded her 20ft away from the mooring bouy. Chris had been down at low tide when she drys out to put a couple of warps on her but had mailed us all to ask if someone could haul the chain aboard, as he was off sailing in Greece and wasn't able to do anymore than he had done.
So me and Jackie dug out the RIB, from the Roa island boat yard and wheeled her to the slip to row the 500yds out to Hearts of Oak. God these Ribs are much heavier than I thought, as we had about 500yds to wheel her on the trailer, although it wasn't till we were almost at the slip when we noticed the RIB was rubbing against the wheels of the trailer, dooooh!
Anyway, It was a very calm day, no waves, very little wind and we carried out the tasked with very little effort. We pondered for a moment or two whether to take Hearts of Oak out for a sail, but decided that it was too much work getting out the sails, removing the complicated sail cover, etc etc, so we did our little job and rowed back to shore.
We were hoping that we might get a call from the estate agents regarding an offer of some kind, but the phone never rang, maybe they dont work Saturdays, we comforted ourselves, and sought solace in Roys ices summer fruit cones before heading for home.
And just to round up a super Saturday Murry Lewis only went and got through to the US open tennis finals, so all in all a good day.
Now lets hope Monday brings so long awaited good news on the property sale side of things.

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Picaroon
Vessel Make/Model: Hardin Sea Wolf (Formosa 41)
Hailing Port: Luperon Dominican Republic
Crew: Jackie and Colin Williams
About: We had never sailed until September 09 when we went on a RYA Start yachting course in Largs in Scotland. We have this plan to learn how to sail a 36ft boat around the Caribbean, in about 2 years time. 2011/12 now updated to August 2013
Extra:
We moved out of the UK in September 2013 and bought ourselves a boat, she's a Hardin Sea Wolf and we have been fixing her in Salinas in Puerto Rico. In May we set sail for the Dominican Republic where well be for the summer of 14 then next November we set sail for new horizons. It's adventure [...]
Picaroon's Photos - Main
Luperon, Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica
No Photos
Created 18 May 2015
4 Photos
Created 29 March 2014
shakedown voyage
8 Photos
Created 26 March 2014
2 Photos
Created 13 December 2013
Picaroon
22 Photos
Created 15 October 2013