Commotion on Comocean

25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2020 | Grand Bahama Yacht Club
19 January 2020 | Ft. Pierce to West End, Baahamas
29 December 2019 | Coral Harbor, Naassau
27 December 2019 | Chubb Cay
29 August 2019 | Vero Beach, FL
17 March 2019
01 March 2019
06 February 2019
28 January 2019 | Hope Town Lodge
23 January 2019 | Hope Town Inn and Marina
21 January 2019 | Hope Town
18 January 2019 | Tillo Cay, Bahamas
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock

[Norm and Lee Weill enjoy BVI's]

12 December 2011 | Beef Island, British Virgin Islands
Toby Hynes
Landing in Tortola felt like a great accomplishment, and waiting to meet us were Joanne and Lee Weill. They had flown in that day. Lee had found the Mongoose bar outside the airport while waiting for Joanne; and then, after a cab ride to Nanny Cay, arrived just as we reached the dock and received our Rum Punch from the 1500's Andy and Mia. We spent the next two days at Nanny Cay, enjoyed the dock and beautiful views, cleaned, cleaned and cleaned Comocean and attended with John Hoffman the arrival party. Following that we set off for Virgin Gorda, Spanish Town, and dinner at Chez Bamboo. YES, Chez bamboo, a place that I remembered from our one previou trip to the BVI's 18 years ago! We met the owner, Rose, who informed us that she was the owner during our first trip. The food was outstanding. The next morning we taxied to the top of the Baths. The Baths are truly an amazing natural wonder. Climbing through the rocks was a bit easier 20 years ago, but we made it all the way to the bottom before I finally fell into the waters while making my way to the beach over the shallow rocks. Wet and happy! You cannot come to the BVI's and not do the Baths. The restaurant at the top of the Baths serves a mean hamburger which capped off a great afternoon.



Later we made our way under sail to Beef Island so Norm and Lee could make it back to Cape Cod on an early flight the next day. We partied (photo above) at the Lost Resort. The Lost Resort is a must. The food was outstanding, followed by truly great entertainment from an artist whose solo show is not to be missed. He plays with taped accompaniement. Lee was called (volunteered by her friends) to the stage where she provided some background vocal which was tapped, re-tapped and played in harmony (if you can call it harmony) to a song sung by the entertainer. Lee's reward, chugging a shot of tequilaThis was matched by the vocalist each time a new accompanist went to the stage. As Norm and Lee had an early flight out the next day, we did not stay to see, what had the makings of, a roudy close to the evening.



Comments
Vessel Name: Comocean
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 426
Hailing Port: Osterville, Ma
Crew: JoAnne and Toby Hynes
About:
JoAnne and Toby are enjoying their early retirement years following in the footsteps of their children. Seth at 32 led the way when he and his new bride, Elizabeth, sailed their Lagoon 380 from Hampton, Va. to Sydney, Australia. [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/comoceanadventure/
Comocean's Photos - Main
Here are a few shots from the past of the Hynes family enjoying their boats.
22 Photos
Created 6 November 2011
Here are some of the first pictures of Toby and JoAnne on their new boat, Comocean. Seth, Elizabeth and Hale joined them!
7 Photos
Created 6 November 2011