Commotion on Comocean

25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2020 | Grand Bahama Yacht Club
19 January 2020 | Ft. Pierce to West End, Baahamas
29 December 2019 | Coral Harbor, Naassau
27 December 2019 | Chubb Cay
29 August 2019 | Vero Beach, FL
17 March 2019
01 March 2019
06 February 2019
28 January 2019 | Hope Town Lodge
23 January 2019 | Hope Town Inn and Marina
21 January 2019 | Hope Town
18 January 2019 | Tillo Cay, Bahamas
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock

South St. John

26 February 2012 | Salt Pond Bay
Toby Hynes
As Cheryl, Jack, JoAnne and I set off from Coral Harbor to complete our circumnavigation of St. John, we went around the horn from Hurricane Hole, where, when heading west, is a great little cove called Salt Pond Bay. Only 4 moorings and we got the closet one in. This is heaven. It is a small bay with great snorkeling, a beautiful beach and of all surprises, a first class hotel restaurant on the bluff above the beach.
There are great trails leading up from the beach. The Park Rangers keep them clean and marked… marked for campers, that is, not boaters. You know…those little rock piles and occasional rock arrows. We fumbled around with a few trips back and forth on the same trail, fell into a cactus (only a small wound) and somehow ended up at the restaurant on the bluff overlooking Comocean where Cheryl took this great photo.
The snorkeling was really good on the east side of the harbor. All four of us saw some brilliant fish. There was no real current and the depths varied along the shore. The coral was good and the snorkelers from the beach were really enjoying themselves. You can find turtles in the bay.
The next day, we took off a moderate clip with Jack and Cheryl at the helm. We hugged the coast to enjoy the view of the various harbors. The trip around the end of St. John gave us a clear passage back to St. Thomas.
We concluded their visit at Crown Bay Marina. They are a great group running the Marina, friendly and very hospitable. They could use a hot water heater for the showers, but everything is very clean. We then went to a super fish restaurant in the Frenchman’s area of St Thomas called Hook, Line and Sinker. Seating required a wait, but it was well worth it!
Jack and Cheryl spent plenty of time at the helm, proved their boat knowledge was up to speed and most importantly came with the new shower drainage pump and installed it! They subsequently indicated they are ready for the Moorings and booked their tenth anniversary on a 42 footer in Bora Bora.
Comments
Vessel Name: Comocean
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 426
Hailing Port: Osterville, Ma
Crew: JoAnne and Toby Hynes
About:
JoAnne and Toby are enjoying their early retirement years following in the footsteps of their children. Seth at 32 led the way when he and his new bride, Elizabeth, sailed their Lagoon 380 from Hampton, Va. to Sydney, Australia. [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/comoceanadventure/
Comocean's Photos - Main
Here are a few shots from the past of the Hynes family enjoying their boats.
22 Photos
Created 6 November 2011
Here are some of the first pictures of Toby and JoAnne on their new boat, Comocean. Seth, Elizabeth and Hale joined them!
7 Photos
Created 6 November 2011