Commotion on Comocean

25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2020 | Grand Bahama Yacht Club
19 January 2020 | Ft. Pierce to West End, Baahamas
29 December 2019 | Coral Harbor, Naassau
27 December 2019 | Chubb Cay
29 August 2019 | Vero Beach, FL
17 March 2019
01 March 2019
06 February 2019
28 January 2019 | Hope Town Lodge
23 January 2019 | Hope Town Inn and Marina
21 January 2019 | Hope Town
18 January 2019 | Tillo Cay, Bahamas
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock

Jammin Farewell

21 February 2014 | Fire Fly and Abaco Inn, Hope Town
Toby Hynes
Bahamas Stavana last night
2/21/14
For Jack and Cheryl’s last night, we tried to get dinner reservations at Fire Fly, one of the nicest sunset views and best restaurants on Elbow Cay (Hope Town). The nice young lady, on VHF 16, informed me that they were full for the evening, including bar seating, because of a Country Western Music writers festival. So, change of plans.
We hailed the Abaco Inn (Pricy with great Ocean and Bay views) and arranged a 5:15 pick-up to ensure another sunset viewing opportunity, followed by 6:00 dinner. Excellent food followed and a very cordial manager, Tom, running a great operation. Mark the Abaco Inn as highly recommendable.
Leaving the Inn, our driver from the Abaco Inn, said he had to stop and pick up some of the entertainment for the Fire Fly event. While talking, we learned we picked up Janel Wheeler (American Idol contestant) and Johnny Beauford, her boyfriend and CW Music writer of the year. They said, come on with us. Cheryl said, ”Oh, this is our last night! Let’s go”. So, we squeezed our way into the back of bar and then met other musicians and writers, including Cheryl’s prospective new boyfriend Jesse Wright. A few more Mount Gay/tonics and we were into Country Western music. We learned that the owners of Fire Fly started up Sweet Tea Vodka (never heard of it, but wish I was smart enough to invent it) and they were footing the tab for the artists to come to the island to perform. The place was packed.
As we departed back for the shuttle to Hope Town Marina, Cheryl’s future boyfriend grabbed her and encouraged her to “stick around” for his part of the show. Cheryl clearly did think about it. Captain Tob, however, squelched the thought by remembering the last shuttle was at ten! It was great fun, despite ole Tob.
Upon returning, we resorted to the source of all knowledge to verify that anything we heard was true. It all clicked with the internet. We also learned that Janel Wheeler was once Tim Tebow’s (Florida Gator Quarterback known for his strong Christian beliefs) boyfriend. We verified that Jesse Wrise was the writer of “Cruise”, the number one fastest rising all time country western music song, sung by Florida Gator Line. At least, that is, according to their press release. GREAT END TO A GREAT TRIP WITH JACK AND CHERYL…whoops, hold that! Cheryl may not be leaving.
One disclaimer. Like the internet, some of the above may be true.
Comments
Vessel Name: Comocean
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 426
Hailing Port: Osterville, Ma
Crew: JoAnne and Toby Hynes
About:
JoAnne and Toby are enjoying their early retirement years following in the footsteps of their children. Seth at 32 led the way when he and his new bride, Elizabeth, sailed their Lagoon 380 from Hampton, Va. to Sydney, Australia. [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/comoceanadventure/
Comocean's Photos - Main
Here are a few shots from the past of the Hynes family enjoying their boats.
22 Photos
Created 6 November 2011
Here are some of the first pictures of Toby and JoAnne on their new boat, Comocean. Seth, Elizabeth and Hale joined them!
7 Photos
Created 6 November 2011