Commotion on Comocean

25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2020 | Grand Bahama Yacht Club
19 January 2020 | Ft. Pierce to West End, Baahamas
29 December 2019 | Coral Harbor, Naassau
27 December 2019 | Chubb Cay
29 August 2019 | Vero Beach, FL
17 March 2019
01 March 2019
06 February 2019
28 January 2019 | Hope Town Lodge
23 January 2019 | Hope Town Inn and Marina
21 January 2019 | Hope Town
18 January 2019 | Tillo Cay, Bahamas
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock

164 miles off South Carolina

05 November 2014
Toby Hynes
As I believe my first two updates have not processed properly, i am trying a new mailing to friends, those who have expressed an interest in following us, and family members of the crew of the sailing vessel Comocean.

We left Portsmouth Va. at noon on Monday. Heading is Hope Town, Bahamas...700 nautical miles. Monday saw the crew members, Tom Dempsey, Cheryl Stavana, Mark Peters and Toby Hynes, working our way out the Cheaspeake. It's a hundred and forty miles to Hatteras. Leaving with about 100 boats heading south there were plenty of sails up and high spirits. Cheryl spotted our first Dolphin in the Bay. Tom and Mark are on the foredeck modifying lines. Norm is organizing his calls to other boats for the appointed rally call times. Toby is laying back enjoying their work. Comocean is under sail in light winds and galloping at 6.5 knots. FAR CRY FROM YESTERDAYS 40 KNOT WINDS, that kept us in port one extra day. The front is killing the east coast.

Tuesday took us out across the Gulf Stream. Our inshore weather from Seth Hynes, called for specific way points to cross, and exit the Stream. Fighting two to three knots of current pushing you North when you want south. He also gave us an eddy point that has a good current toward the Bahamas. Seas were fairly calm for the Gulf Stream, but it's an interesting challenge. The long underwear from last night has been laid to rest in our duffles! Water is 88 degress. Skies at night have been clear and a full moon has made our horizon's beautiful. Great sunsets and sunrises!

Wednesday morning brought us into low winds and we have needed to motor sail for the first time since leaving Virginia. Two knots of breeze in our face have brought the seas down. Toby spotted a Whale at seven...Norm, who generally misses all the excitement was in the shower!

If you want to watch our progress, the World Cruising Club web site has our location relative to other boats (five sailing to the Bahamas). Go To the home page for the World Cruising Club. One third down, click on ARC Bahamas. Then, on the left column, click on fleet locator.
FAMILY MEMBERS:
This morning, I wish to report all of the crew is up and well. All plan on a shower!
Comments
Vessel Name: Comocean
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 426
Hailing Port: Osterville, Ma
Crew: JoAnne and Toby Hynes
About:
JoAnne and Toby are enjoying their early retirement years following in the footsteps of their children. Seth at 32 led the way when he and his new bride, Elizabeth, sailed their Lagoon 380 from Hampton, Va. to Sydney, Australia. [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/comoceanadventure/
Comocean's Photos - Main
Here are a few shots from the past of the Hynes family enjoying their boats.
22 Photos
Created 6 November 2011
Here are some of the first pictures of Toby and JoAnne on their new boat, Comocean. Seth, Elizabeth and Hale joined them!
7 Photos
Created 6 November 2011