Commotion on Comocean

25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2020 | Grand Bahama Yacht Club
19 January 2020 | Ft. Pierce to West End, Baahamas
29 December 2019 | Coral Harbor, Naassau
27 December 2019 | Chubb Cay
29 August 2019 | Vero Beach, FL
17 March 2019
01 March 2019
06 February 2019
28 January 2019 | Hope Town Lodge
23 January 2019 | Hope Town Inn and Marina
21 January 2019 | Hope Town
18 January 2019 | Tillo Cay, Bahamas
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock

Soup R Bowl

18 January 2014 | Boat Harbor Marina, Marsh Harbor
Toby Hynes
The weather for this whole season has been very interesting. We find ourselves with a series of North fronts moving through every two days. The current front calls for winds up to 35 knots. With this type of weather everyone tries to hide. Being new to the Bahamas, although early in the season, I worry about finding an Anchorage or dock. So we are off to hide with the Hoffman’s, and to learn more about Marsh Harbor.
We have intentionally created a reservation at the Boat Harbor Marina for an event held by the Royal Marsh Harbor Yacht Club which we have joined. Don’t think we’re trying to collect memberships. For $135 we get the membership, and all the associated discounts, including our first year’s $35 dues. We are on their newsletter, and have learned about an upcoming event... Yes, this is the famous, second annual, Soup R Bowl. No, not the NFL Super Bowl, but, Soup R Bowl.
This event brought us to Marsh Harbor and a decision to stay at Boat Harbor Marina. It is one of the more upscale marinas in the Bahamas. We learn that it’s filled with Royal Marsh Harbor Yacht Club members, all enjoying their season out of Boat Harbor. It is like a retirement village and we are meeting a lot of boaters who will be at tonight’s Soup R Bowl. We don’t know what to expect, but everyone were meeting is very enjoyable. Before dinner we check out town in the long walk to what turns out to be an excellent grocery store: Maxwell’s.

After the trip back we check out their showers, dress-up for dinner and head to the Soup R Bowl. It turns out there’s already a line waiting to get in. However, they are serving drinks! We meet and talk with many of the members and are having an excellent time. The doors open and the line begins to quickly move. We find an open to a table near the front. It turns out we end up sitting with the Commodore and his wife. The picture here shows John and Sue enjoying the event and JoAnn talking with new friend Joann. There are probably 20 selections of really great soups that we have an opportunity to enjoy. Dinner includes a great salad and dessert. The soups are wonderful and prizes are given. We probably could have guessed the top three prizes but it turns out there are ties and four of the six categories. We think it’s fixed. But the food is really outstanding.

With the weather coming in, we will likely stay through Thursday and learn everything we can about marsh harbor.
Comments
Vessel Name: Comocean
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 426
Hailing Port: Osterville, Ma
Crew: JoAnne and Toby Hynes
About:
JoAnne and Toby are enjoying their early retirement years following in the footsteps of their children. Seth at 32 led the way when he and his new bride, Elizabeth, sailed their Lagoon 380 from Hampton, Va. to Sydney, Australia. [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/comoceanadventure/
Comocean's Photos - Main
Here are a few shots from the past of the Hynes family enjoying their boats.
22 Photos
Created 6 November 2011
Here are some of the first pictures of Toby and JoAnne on their new boat, Comocean. Seth, Elizabeth and Hale joined them!
7 Photos
Created 6 November 2011