COOLING DOWN with Darren & Haruka

Come and join in our adventure. Sailing our new Catamaran (Cool Cat) home from Mexico to Cairns. We look forward to having you all onboard. Please visit us and/or follow our travels here.

30 July 2012
06 March 2012
29 February 2012
09 February 2012
19 January 2012
17 January 2012
29 December 2011
21 December 2011
15 December 2011
13 December 2011
11 December 2011
11 December 2011
09 December 2011
03 December 2011
11 November 2011 | Deeral Pontoon Mulgrave River
09 November 2011
07 November 2011
05 November 2011

Nearly There

05 November 2011
Darren
We are nearly there. As I write this we are about 140nm out of cairns.

They say , " All good must come to an end" , what a load of rubbish . It will be sad to have this adventure end , and probably hard work when we first get back home , trying to settle into a normal (normal for most) lifestyle once again. Saying this, Im really looking forward to getting home, and going for a sail , all weekend or week, as much as possible , all the time upgrading the boat in readiness for our next trip. Where , dont know yet , but I just dont feel ready to give it all up just yet, for the normal lifestyle.

The passages have been tiring , stressful and at times a little scary. But you soon forget about them as soon as you make landfall again as every place has its own charm ,character, people and little adventure of its own.

Looks like we should make it back into Cairns by Monday or Tuesday. Here we will have to do customs etc . Both my girls , Ashlee, Rebecca and of course Krystal Sky , as well as Mum and Dad , will be there to meet us at Malin Marina once all the legals have been sorted out. I must admit , it will be a very proud moment for us.

We are hoping to spend a bit of time with family here , and may stay at dock for a couple of days . We are going to have welcome home drinks and nibbles , supplied by you all of course, at the Fisher Pontoon at Deeral ( where the Bertram was) Thursday or Friday We are hoping to start around 4pm . You are all welcome to come and join us and have a look over the boat, would be our pleasure to see you there.

I will update with the correct day and time asap, or may ph some of our street friends to spread to word.

Hope to see you there. Darren and Haruka , SV COOL CAT
Comments
Vessel Name: COOL CAT
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 38 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Cairns Nth Qld Australia
Crew: Darren & Haruka

Home

Who: Darren & Haruka
Port: Cairns Nth Qld Australia