Living the Dream

13 March 2011 | Abocos, The Bahamas
09 March 2011 | Marsh Harbor, Abacos
07 March 2011 | Green Turtle Cay, Abaco
27 February 2011 | West End, The Bahamas
26 February 2011 | Key Biscayne, FL
25 February 2011 | Coconut Grove Sail Center
11 February 2011 | Ft Myers, FL
02 February 2011 | Okeechobee Waterway
31 January 2011 | St Lucie River
29 January 2011 | Sunset Bay Marina
23 January 2011 | Daytona Beach
26 September 2010 | Atlantic City, NJ
12 September 2010 | Block Island, RI
09 September 2010 | Vineyard Haven, MA
05 September 2010 | Plymouth, MA
04 September 2010 | Constitution Marina
18 August 2010 | Boothbay, ME
10 August 2010 | Gloucester, MA
06 August 2010 | Mystic, Ct
31 July 2010 | Greenwich, CT

Mystic

06 August 2010 | Mystic, Ct
Nice
We arrived in Mystic Tuesday. After anchoring outside of town we decided to dinghy in and check things out. We found a great anchorage just north of the Mystic seaport past the Mystic River bascule bridge. It's a great town. Only 4000 residents but a real tourist town with a ton of people here this time of year. They have several free dinghy docks provided by the city so you can go anywhere you want. Lots of shops and wonderful seafood retaurants. We started having trouble with our chart plotter and had to buy a new chip from the local West Marine. That didn't fix it so Craig got on the phone with Raymarine and found we needed a software update. Well, we found a place here in town that would do it for us the next morning. So we took the dinghy up to the downtown dock and were going to walk the mile to the guys place when the bottom fell out! We ran for cover on a little porch by the docks and it really started raining hard! Soon there was cloud to ground lightening popping everywhere and the tornado sirens started going off! We just kind of stood there huddled in a corner of the porch hoping for the best! Pretty soon it slacked off and we made a run for a safer place. One of our anchored neighbors happened by in a truck and saw us and stopped and took Craig where he need to go. I waited for him downtown and he was back and ready to go in about 20 minutes. We were thrilled to have it repaired and the guy only charged Craig 20 bucks! It was also Craig's birthday and he considered that his gift! LOL! We are still here today but plan to leave early in the a.m. for Newport, RI. It's been in the low 80's today but supposed to be in the high 50's tonight! YAY!
Comments
Vessel Name: C's Time
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 Mc
Hailing Port: St. Simons Island, GA
Crew: Pat and Craig

Who: Pat and Craig
Port: St. Simons Island, GA