Roll me Profession (Sailor)!

02 October 2018 | Eau Gallie Yacht Basin
31 May 2018 | Eau Gallie Yacht Basin
26 May 2018
25 May 2018 | Treasure Cay Anchorage
24 May 2018 | Leeward Yacht Club
18 May 2018 | West End, Grand Bahama
17 May 2018 | Ft. Lauderdale Inlet
16 May 2018 | Lake Worth
15 May 2018 | Slightly North of Jupiter Inlet
14 May 2018 | Port Salerno
13 May 2018
12 May 2018
10 May 2018 | Eau Gallie Yacht Basin

Thanksgiving Adventure Part 1

20 November 2016
Carly
Hoo boy. What an adventure! I had a post made up a few days ago but sailblogs decided to log me out so I lost it all and was too angry to retype the whole thing. This time I've written it in Google docs first and I think I'll continue doing it that way.
Anyway.

The story starts days before the adventure.

We went to watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them so I don't accidentally get spoiled during the trip if I so happen to get on the Internet. Shawn gets a call from Cocoa police department (while he's out refilling our woda) saying they'd like to interview him next week. He nearly missed this opportunity! He manages a compromise and gets an interview Friday at 11am.
The day we're supposed to shove off on our adventure, mind you, and the day we wanted to leave bright and early in the morning.

Instead we spend the morning getting his suit together, he shaves and gets a haircut, and reading all about Cocoa. It's apparently a very high crime area! Whatever. A job is a job. I take care of stuff around the house while he makes the half hour drive to his interview. It only takes 20 minutes and he's on his way back, but still after preparations we're not on the road (sea?) until later in the afternoon than we wanted. The reverse decided to kick itself up like a beautiful dolphin but we don't need it that bad so... Uh... Hope it's working. *shrug*

But oh when we got going we had excellent wind! We sailed through the ICW and moored south of the spill islands we had been before (we just motored to those since the sails were down and it took forever). We had a wonderful night of libations and Pokemon (we got the new games at midnight release just after watching the movie). So it was a wonderful night.

Oh, what we had in store for us the next day.
Comments
Vessel Name: Cyana
Vessel Make/Model: 2005 Gemini 105MC
Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
Crew: Shawn and Carly
About: Two young nerds living on a sailboat for the first time permanently docked in Melbourne, FL with occasional island adventures.