Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Deep Blue & Sangaris finally part waves....until next year

25 September 2009
For our final rendezvous of 2009 with our friends Katherine & Craig, we met in the lovely anchorage of Razetinovac, just outside Trogir, where we had all dropped off visitors.

After a couple of days swimming and relaxing, we headed over to the island of Brac and the anchorage of Bobovisce. Once rafted up to Sangaris, we enjoyed another couple of days chilling out, making jewellery, walking, tightening the rigging and, as usual when we get together, eating good food, sharing stories and generally having a good time. Bobovisce is a very pretty place, though very small. Around the harbour are some lovely homes, mostly holiday lets, with lots of colouful flowers draping over the stone. The one shop was near to the end of its season and only had one of each item on the shelves. However, Craig did find a boules pitch next to the harbour and so, for our last evening, we had an international boules competition with each shot getting better as we sipped the wine that Katherine and Craig had provided. It was neck and neck until the last throw and Deep Blue took the 2009 trophy.

All too soon, it was time for Deep Blue to head south and Sangaris to head north, but the boats had other ideas and when we came to lift the anchors, the chains were wrapped around each other, but not for long. We waved goodbye to our friends and wished them well with their journey to Monfalcone, where Sangaris will reside over winter. We have shared some great times together during the summer and look forward to lots more in the summers to come.

CRUISERS NOTES
Razetinovac - great anchorage on island of Ciovo, south of Trogir. Beautifully clear water. No facilities
Bobovisce - anchored in 3m mud right in. Good holding. Free water from town quay. Water & electric available at town quay. 280kns per night, 14m boat. Water also available from new showers on each side of harbour, about halfway down.
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK