Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Ready to go - but the wind won't let us!

21 May 2012
All the winter jobs are now complete; the new dinghy has a new handmade cover and stainless steel support, the decks have been treated to protect them from the UV and sea salt, engine serviced, sails cleaned & serviced, canvas washed and re-waterproofed, Chris has been to the top of the mast to check all is well, sewing projects complete, watermaker back in service, seized seacock replaced and so the list goes on and people ask what we do all day!

So, we are ready to set sail but the wind has returned in force and we are going nowhere. For the past week, we've had put up with F7 winds from the west and then the east. When conditions are like this, the boat is pushed over to the side and we end up either walking up to or down to the galley instead of straight forward to! Normally, we wouldn't be bothered but my mum and auntie are currently on holiday in Zakynthos (our first destination) and we had thought that we would be able to meet up with them so that they actually could see Deep Blue at last and where we lived. However, unless we can leave with the next 2-3 days, it is unlikely that we will make it in time. Such a shame but it shows just how our lives are now controlled by the weather.
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK