Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Marigot Bay

13 March 2016
Audra & Gavin wanted to divide their time here between the land and the sea and so for their second week we headed down to Marigot Bay where they had booked into the Marigot Bay Beach Club, a perfectly located hotel with rooms dotted into the surrounding rainforest where legend has it that a British Admiral once hid his fleet here from the French by tying palm branches to the masts to disguise them! We took a mooring buoy in the inner lagoon, run by Capella Resort & Marina. It was a perfect place and our use of their mooring buoy allowed us access to the 5-star resort facilities include the pool and loungers where staff would offer us free tastings from the chef and fruit smoothies from the bar.

It was Gavin’s birthday while we were here and so we enjoyed home-made birthday cake and celebrated by dining at the fabulous Rainforest Hideaway restaurant located in the mangroves, overlooking the lagoon. If you don’t get the chance to eat here, you should at least go over for a sundowner to experience it all. There are many dining options here and all that we tried were great. The only disappointment was the Bayside Café where service was so slow that we, along with several others diners, got up and left.

Throughout the day, boat vendors would come by selling fruit & veggies and trinkets. If you didn’t want anything, they were polite, wished us a good day and then went over to the next boat to try their luck. What we did buy was good and reasonable.

While Audra & Gavin sunned themselves on their terrace above, Chris re-polished the hull of the boat that desperately needed it after the crossing and I got on with jobs too.
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK