Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Quick trip to Norfolk

05 March 2009
I have just returned from a 3-day visit to Norfolk where I spent time with my best friend, Rosemary, and her husband, Roy. My first day there was Rosemary's birthday and her family and friends came over to celebrate. I didn't get the chance to see everyone when I was over at Christmas, so it was great to catch up with everyone's news. Roy, as usual, did a lovely spread and the wine and cheer flowed.

The next day, a beautiful, crisp, sunny day with sunshine and a big blue sky, we went to Norwich where I purchased my summer wardrobe - 4 new bikinis.

Rosemary had asked me to bring my swimwear along for the trip and I found out why the next day. She had planned a surprise day in a health spa for us both. It was fantastic. We swam, went in the jacuzzi and steamroom, had lunch, a back massage and generally lazed around in dressing-gowns. It was such a lovely surprise and one that, I hope, we will repeat on another trip (hint, hint).

All too soon, my trip was over but I felt as though I had been on a week's holiday. Roy cooked some delicious meals and kindly chauffeured me to and from the airport whilst Rosemary and I had some girly time together which included trying to find a copy of Cyril Davies' 'Country Line Special' online. (If anyone has a copy, please let me know!!).

The weather in Norfolk had been mostly dry and sunny but when I stepped off the plane in Malta, I was hit by pelting rain and strong winds. What a welcome!

Many thanks to Rosemary and Roy. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK