Deep Blue

Living The Dream

Molat & Luka Jazi

17 August 2009
We couldn't believe our luck when we arrived in the bay of Luka Jazi in south Molat to find just one motor boat anchored there. It was a gorgeous bay surrounded by woods and with a great view of the surrounding islands. By the end of the day, we were about 10 boats at anchor but there was room for everyone and more. We dinghed ashore and found a tiny bakery right next to where we left the dinghy. We walked up the hill into Molat, which has a small marina for local boats and quay for a few visitors as well as the ferry. The 'shop' was more like a newpaper kiosk but it did seem to sell most things! We can only assume that the locals take the ferry to the mainland when they need to do their shopping. Despite it being a commercial quay with ferries and fishing boats, the water was beautifully clear and inviting.

Next morning, we awoke at about 6am to clear blue skies but by 8am we couldn't see from one side of the bay to the other because of the rain that accompanied the thunder and lightening. After a couple of hours, it all cleared up and we are back to swimwear weather again - phew!

CRUISERS NOTES
Free anchorage & you can get quite close in.
Imray pilot states water from showers on quay - they are no longer there.
Take dinghy to pontoon behind breakwater where there is a tiny bakery too.
To walk to Molat (about 10 mins), follow road past bakery and then take the left road opposite basketball court. Up the hill and down the other side.

Comments
Vessel Name: Deep Blue
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Shotley, UK
Crew: Chris & Sandra Mennem
About:
We have realised a long held dream to 'Sell Up & Sail'. Having sailed in the Mediterranean and Caribbean on holiday, we have taken the plunge, waved goodbye to corporate life and want to see where the wind blows us. [...]
Extra: Contact details:- Tel: 07937 061051 (from a UK landline) +44 7937 061051 (from a mobile)

THE DEEP BLUE TEAM

Who: Chris & Sandra Mennem
Port: Shotley, UK