The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

welcome to France - Treguier (Cotes d'Armor)

Arrived safely at "Port de Plaisance" (aka Treguier Marina) at 10.45 GMT Friday 13th April 2012 absolutely cream crackered so spent the remainder of the day relaxing and getting into the French way of life - actually it took us two days to fully recover and before we felt the urge to do some sightseeing around the town (during the trip we had obviously found our sea legs which was great until we ventured back onto land feeling pretty wobbly - just like being drunk, but without the alcohol).

Treguier is an ancient market town located between two peaceful rivers - the Guindy and the Jaudy. The old town comprises of medieval timbered buildings, which lean together overhead as you wander the cobbled streets and alleys.

St Tugdual cathedral dominates the main square, it is an impressive gothic cathedral constructed from pink granite and the ringing of the bells from the cathedral drift across the river throughout the day otherwise it's a really peaceful unspoilt area.

Photos can be found in the photo gallery 'Treguier'.


Comments