The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

can we fix it? We can now!

Here is Bruce beaming from ear-to-ear holding our parcel that's travelled from the UK to Chipiona in just under a week.

It's been a stressful 24 hours as the parcel tracking showed that it had been delivered and signed for by us but it hadn't!! This resulted in several visits to the marina office and us door knocking around some of the local businesses nearby that share the same postcode just in case someone had signed for it in error. Eventually it turned up in the marina office by courier, 24 hours later than the parcel tracking showed!

Initially we tried to find a local Volvo Penta dealer however the one we did find appeared to be permanently shut. Not wanting to waste too much time and with possible language challenges we decided to call our trusted team of men and women at Darthaven Marina as they are Volvo Penta agents plus they could provide advice as necessary. A few emails and phone calls later confirmed that they had the majority of parts in stock and could source the outstanding items quickly. Within a week everything was packaged up and ready to go. Excellent service and assistance as usual - thanks again Mike and Phil.

Let the rebuild commence...


Comments