The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Mallorca, Sant Elm

The small tourist resort and village of Sant Elm lies opposite the spectacular and unique shape of Isla Dragonera.

Despite last night's forecast, the swell managed to work its way into the bay keeping us awake for most of the night. Instead of exploring ashore we spent the day sat in the cockpit enjoying our surroundings before logging online to read the latest news - that we're leaving the EU! We wonder what impact this will have on our cruising life in the long term once we become non-EU members? More bureaucracy and paperwork without a doubt since we're unlikely to be able to travel freely between EU countries and stay as long as we do now :-(.

After putting the world to rights, we took a look at our dinghy that has developed an annoying leak, requiring us to reinflate the one tube daily. Having located the smallest of pin pricks, we just need an opportunity to repair it but that's easier said than done when it's our only mode of transport to and from the shore. The leak is getting progressively worse as each day passes so we really need to get on and fix it... not today though as we have better things to do such as watching the antics all around us, resting and enjoying the sunshine ;-).

It seems that the local yachtsmen here (mainly locals but there are a few foreigners) don't like paying for the buoys. They arrive late, take a buoy and leave before they get caught by the marinero - sneaky! Despite our sleepless night, the location is lovely so we paid cash to the marinero to stay for another night (you can't book online if you're within 24 hours). Hopefully last night was the exception... guess we'll wait and see.


Comments