The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Sardinia, Porto Conte to Alghero Log

We were both reluctant to leave Porto Conte, if it wasn't for short supplies we probably would have stayed another week. However, needs must etc. so we weighed anchor and motored all of 7.5 miles out of our lovely, quiet anchorage following the coastline to the entrance of Alghero and that of SER-MAR marina.

Federico was there to greet us in his RIB and guided us to a berth where his mooring attendant (they're called ormeggiatori here) assisted us with mooring - this time to hoops on a floating pontoon and not bollards on a concrete wall. Basic greetings were exchanged and understood, yay!

Formal paperwork was dealt with in record time - just a photocopy of our passports and ships registration, that's all! No signing or writing down a whole host of information in duplicate - excellent!

SER-MAR marina provides a very different experience from the huge corporate/private enterprises that we've become used to since leaving the UK. There's a 'welcome' mat at the gated entrance along with several pots of flowering plants. It has a small and personal touch. The office and toilet/showering facilities, although basic are located in a wood-cladded portacabin that has a 'shaded' outdoor seating area with table, chairs and BBQ! Federico is very friendly and is clearly very proud of his marina as he pointed out his latest investment in supplying electricity to the pontoons. He's also an astute businessman. By monitoring AIS he knew that we came from Porto Conte and a great deal of thought has gone into his map of the town as it included all the essentials that a yachts person would normally either have to find for themselves or ask for - we are impressed!

We're even more impressed when he took one of us including jerry cans in his car down to the local fuel station to fill up. Potable water, electricity and excellent Wi-Fi were all included in our berthing fee of €55 per night.

Total distance this season: 1078.77 miles


Comments