The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Sardinia, Alghero to Porto Conte (anchorage) again Log

Our few days in the marina turned out to be seven in total as strong winds blew out of the Gulf of Lion, France. It didn't last long, just 24 hours so it wasn't long before we said 'arrivederci' to Federico and staff.

We could have anchored just outside of Alghero but instead we decided to retrace our steps back to Porto Conte. Both of us felt the desire to spend just a few more days there to enjoy the scenery - no wonder we are slow travellers!

Given that we had all day to get there we took advantage of the light NNW winds and managed to sail into the bay before finally starting the engine.

As the beach approached, we noticed a few yachts attached to mooring buoys just off to the one side, between Pta del Dentul and Pta del Timidone. There were several buoys still available so rather than anchor we decided to attach ourselves to one. We stayed on board all afternoon expecting that at any moment someone in a RIB would turn up and either ask us to move on or ask for money but no one came. There were no contact details on the buoy either so a freebie night was enjoyed.

The following day we moved to the opposite side of the bay where this time we dropped our anchor to enjoy another overnight stop and new scenery. Fabulous.


... we've seen this German flagged yacht before... at Cala Santa Galdana, Menorca!

Total distance this season: 1089.55 miles


Comments