The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Cala Brandinchi

According to the books, the really attractive part of the coast starts here and stretches over some 40 nautical miles to the NW. Every mile or two there's a beach to anchor off, an inlet to explore, a marina, pontoon or quay to moor to.

For our first anchorage of this season we couldn't have chosen a better spot... crystal clear water in shades of every blue imaginable. With ample space to anchor and with the anchor dug well in plus a swell free night, needless to say we slept like logs.

After experiencing so much swell in the Balearics last season we're making every effort to avoid where we can swelly and sleepless nights. Whilst in Cagliari a fellow french cruiser recommended a new wind and weather forecasting app, named "windy" which includes the swell frequency and direction :-). We used it for this anchorage (so far so good) and going forward this app will now be referenced together with our other favourite forecasting sites.

We didn't fancy going ashore, preferring to just enjoy the tranquil anchorage but we did test out our water maker and celebrated the fact that we can now make water... it's an amazing piece of kit and at the touch of a button and a few turns of switches we can now make fresh drinkable water. All we need now is a small goat or very small cow (for milk) and a chicken (for eggs) and we'll be totally self-sufficient! Lol.

By late afternoon the dinghy was launched and taken for a quick spin around the bay to check the outboard worked - it did. Later we popped over to 'Geni' for evening drinks. It must be said that they do excellent gin and tonic served with lemon and ice! Thank you both.. we assume we've been forgiven ;-).


Comments