The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Sardinia, Porto Brandinchi to Isola di Porri & Liscia delle Saline (anchorage) Log

anchored off Isola di Porri

It would have been really easy to spend another few nights at Cala Brandinchi but with so many potentially beautiful anchorages ahead of us we forced ourselves to move on... all of 14 miles along the coast as we motored in between the islands of Tavolara and Molara, strewn with rocks and shallow patches which made for interesting navigation and stunning scenery.


the narrow, solid chunk of granite of Isola Tavolara

In the Golfo di Olbia there are several anchorages to choose from offering shelter in most wind directions and there is the town of Olbia to be visited. We meandered across to the north-west side of the bay to anchor off Isola di Porri aka Cala Banana, which doesn't look like a banana but looked inviting with crystal clear water and a beach bar right at the water's edge. We'd barely finished lunch before the wind picked up sending small wavelets into the anchorage and of course there was now the potential for swell. Upon checking the 'windy' app it suggested that swell would indeed come into the anchorage later this evening. We asked ourselves the question, should we move or stay? Given that the anchorage of Liscia delle Saline on the opposite side of the bay would be protected from both wind and swell and so close we decided to move and anchored in 5m just west of Isola Patron Fiasco.

Total distance this season: 152.34 nautical miles


Comments