The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Cannigione

As soon as we stepped ashore we knew that we'd like it here - it immediately felt warm and friendly.

There are several pontiles (pontoons) in a row. Each pontile is privately owned or leased and the majority have on-site bars. Our pontile 'Destriero' is run by a consortium and has been well thought out offering a shaded seating area and bar (see main photo). Toilet facilities are camouflaged nicely as a stone wall. The office is a small summer house just a short walk up a path that leads through a gated picket fence and onto the main road. Colourful troughs of flowers and small bushes line the walkway - it's friendly, personal and tastefully done and certainly meets with our approval. :-)

The village of Cannigione used to be a small fishing village but is now more geared towards tourism. There's a range of boutique style shops selling clothing, jewellery, paintings, table cloths, cushions and bedding... just like in Salcombe, Devon(UK).

A promenade leads onto the docks where ferries provide trips over to the La Maddalena archipelago which comprises of seven large islands and 55 tiny islets and on our 'must visit' list. There are also many scuba clubs offering snorkelling and diving trips around this fabulous coastline - we counted at least 30 dive sites.

From a cruiser's point of view there's a chandler, CRAI supermarket and a self-serve laundrette plus several bars, restaurants and ice-cream parlours - what more could we ask for!

We used our time ashore well taking advantage of the laundrette and supermarket. With all 'chores' done our next stop is the anchorage just north of Cala Bitta (known as North Bay) on the eastern side of the Golfo di Arzachena just a short distance away.


Comments