The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

relocation accomplished!

We have done it ... We have rented our house and relocated onto "Distant Drummer" our Heavenly Twins Catamaran.

It has taken several months of preparation to get here with the majority of the time being spent on getting our 3 bed semi-detached house painted from top to toe since moving in 9 years ago.

We did not want to put our belongings into storage so thanks to our wonderful families we have temporarily borrowed loft, cellar and garage space for those items that we feel that we still require.

We sold the main furniture and then sorted all of our belongings initially into categories of 'keep', 'sell', 'tip/recycle' and 'charity'. It was exhausting to question absolutely everything that we owned to determine whether we actually require the item in question. From this review the 'keep' category was broken down into a further two categories of 'storage' and 'boat'.

We have probably been over cautious and kept too many items that longer term we will no doubt question the reasoning behind keeping, but right now we believe that everything that we possess is currently worthwhile keeping so if we decide that the sailing life is not for us, we will not incur too much additional cost replacing items. However if this lifestyle is for us, then we foresee that another sort out will eventually be required.

So here we are, two liveaboards about to live our dream. No matter what challenges lie ahead of us we are going to take full advantage of this opportunity whilst we can.


Comments