The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

back to Cargreen ... again

Plymouth Yacht Haven was not that sheltered from the winds. The sea was pretty calm however the wind certainly funnelled through. Drummer's fenders where literally squashed to the jetty and the hull creaked like we've never heard before. We have questioned whether it would be better to be on a buoy and dance around in preference to hearing the hull creek against the fenders and the fenders against the jetty as the hull must have been stressed! However, the marina did give some comfort given the wind strength predicted.

Having spent longer than we originally planned in Plymouth Yacht Haven, now fully stocked we decided to head back up river to Cargreen for the next couple of days whilst the winds continue. We are beginning to master the art of being patient as we have spent one week more than we had anticipated in Plymouth, mind you, being storm bound in Plymouth has it's advantages at it has allowed us to really experience the place and it must be said the upper reaches are truly lovely and tranquil.

We're still hopeful that a visit to Fowey is next on the agenda however we are also mindful that we are almost mid-September and need to be back safe and sound at Darthaven Marina by early October (for insurance reasons) so the weather needs to change pretty soon.

By the way, the dinghy in the photo wasn't ours - trapped as the tide went out, thankfully the owner was none the wiser when he returned at high water.


Comments