The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

the best laid plans ...

Sometimes the best laid plans just don't fall into place do they! We like to be as organised as we can so we decided that Monday would be the day to catch the local bus to Lezardrieux. We visited the bus stand on Sunday afternoon to take note of the time table so all we had to do was to turn up on time - easy .... wrong.

We turned up in plenty of time and waited for the bus to turn up, and one did, showing Bus number 7 to Lannion. We both confidently noted that this was the bus that we would need for the return journey back to Treguier so we smugly continued to wait the remaining 3 minutes that was the difference between the bus going to Paimpol and the bus returning back from Lannion. What we didn't appreciate that the waiting bus (that waited the 3 minutes difference) then turned around and started to head down the road that went to Paimpol. This number 7 bus to Lannion was in fact the bus we needed to catch :-(. By the time it had occurred to us, the bus was well gone. We checked to see what time the next bus would be, however it wasn't until early afternoon. Still convinced that we hadn't missed it we waited for another 15 minutes in the cold (3 deg c) just in case the bus was running late as they sometimes do back home, however no other buses appeared. As the excitement of going to Lezardrieux slowly dissipated and with neither of us saying anything to one another we walked back slowly to the boat, still occasionally looking behind at the road to see if by magic our bus would arrive.

Once back on the boat we shrugged off our disappointment and warmed up with a coffee saying that we will try again tomorrow but know exactly what to do now.

Decided to visit the local supermarket to get fresh milk, bread, cheese and pate which we sat and ate at lunchtime. The milk in fact was thin buttermilk which I can categorically report does not work well in tea or coffee but great for cereal - ops.


Comments