The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Treguier to Trebeurden Log

We couldn't have chosen a better day to make the journey to Trebeurden. It was predominantly dry but with very little wind so we did have to motor sail. We didn't mind though as we were itching to move on given that we had stayed at Treguier for almost two weeks due to the weather.

Upon leaving the mouth of the Treguier river we were accompanied by a huge bottlenose dolphin. I'm sure he was wishing us a pleasant trip before he dived under the boat and vanished.

Using the current to our advantage, we passed in between the north Brittany coastline and the small islands and reefs of Les Sept Iles (shown as main photo) logging our speed as 7.2 knts (3 knts of current with us plus 4.2knts engine). These islands are protected as a bird sanctuary and it is possible to anchor just off one of the islands in settled weather.

Although we were a couple of miles off from the coastline in order to miss the rocky outcrops, the actual coastline itself of Perros-Guirec and Ploumanac'h is formed from huge boulders of pink granite, weathered into curious shapes. This is known as the Cote de Granit Rose or the rose-tinted coast.

It was low tide by the time we arrived at Trebeurden so we were unable to cross the sill that allowed us access into the Marina. We therefore took a waiting buoy just off Ile Milliau, and took the opportunity to have some dinner, tidy up a bit and take in the scenery until their was enough water for us to enter as denoted by a traffic light system; green = good to enter but check depth, red = no entry, sill exposed.

We arrived in the Marina just before sunset.

Total distance this season: 145.01 nautical miles


Comments