The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

highlights of the Cote de Granit Rose

Wahoo ... we caught the bus!!

The weather was just perfect for our walk; blue sky, sun and a gentle breeze.

We caught the early Bus, number 15 to the seaside town of Trestraou just outside of Perros-Guirec. Upon arrival we decided that there was time to walk to the Port of Perros and visit the town for a coffee before walking back to the beach of Trestraou to join the coastal path 'Le Sentier des Douaniers' which lies between Perros-Guirec and Ploumanac'h.

The marina harbour in Perros is huge. The water is retained by a long wall and you enter through a small lock gate near high water. It is possible to get stuck in the marina for a couple of days when the tide doesn't get up to the sea level inside the wall (a term called 'being neaped').

Having had our first cup of coffee sat outside, in the picturesque town square of Perros we then walked back to the seaside town of Trestraou with it's long sandy beach and water-based activities before taking the coastal path which hugged the shore to Ploumanac'h. The naturally sculpted rocks have unlikely names such as the tortoise, armchair, elephant, the bell etc. We kept an eye out for these sculpted rocks, but either we were not observant enough or you have to have a good imagination to be able to identify the shapes. Look at our photos and see if you can spot one (we think we've seen the tortoise, camel and hand).

The coastline was stunning and really quite dramatic. It was fascinating to observe the way the granite colour changes as the sun moves overhead - the stones take on a rich golden glow.

We arrived in the village of Ploumanac'h and sat and had lunch overlooking the picturesque bay in glorious sunshine and clear water - for the first time this season, it felt like we were in the Med.

Photos of Perros, Trestraou, Le Sentier des Douaniers and Ploumanac'h can be found in the photo gallery 'Perros-Guirec to Ploumanac'h'.


Comments