The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Bourgenay

We were expecting Bourgenay to be relatively built up given that it's in close proximity to Les Sables, but surprisingly its not. The Marina is built in a small bay besides a nature reserve. Just behind the marina is what can only be described as modern town houses with balconies clad in wood and colourfully painted which are holiday homes. These lead down to the Marina where there's a selection of cafes, bars and restaurants on the waterfront.

On the afternoon of our arrival we walked inland to the small town and then continued to the nearby beach of Veillon 'Plage du Veillon' before returning to Drummer via the coastal path. It was a glorious day and the beach was full of families all enjoying the sea and sand.



Once back at the Marina, we couldn't resist Moules Mariniere with cream served with frites, served up at one of the restaurants 'La Belle Epoque'.



Just like the French, we lunched from 12am through till 3pm, watching the world go by whilst enjoying our mussles over a pichet of Muscadet followed by a crepe with rum & raisin ice-cream.



With very full stomach's we returned to Drummer for a late afternoon snooze. We've concluded that we just can't drink and eat at lunchtime like the french ... maybe more practice is needed!


Comments