The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

circular walk around Bourgenay

A little cooler today so decided to explore a little more of the area by following a 12km circular walk, denoted by blue and green stripes. Starting near the car park just outside the Marina we followed the coastal path meandering in between the shade of pine trees whilst walking over really soft sand, making walking difficult at times. In some places, the coastal path was uncomfortably close to the rocky edge (Jo you wouldn't like it!) but the views across the sea either side were lovely.



The path then heading inland down farm tracks where we passed several fields full of sweet corn (not ready otherwise we would have pinched a couple). Butterflies were in abundance and flying all around us for at least an hour. I don't think that I have ever seen such variety apart from in a butterfly farm - certainly not in the wild. The colours were so bright and beautiful.



From farmland we found ourselves walking in what we can only describe as a 'holiday village', comparable with a posh version of Centre Parcs. All the apartments appear to be owned and subsequently rented out directly or indirectly through the company running the park. The village was huge but nicely spaced out with apartments, golf courses, ponds, a petit train, bars and restaurants. The walk finished just behind the marina on the outskirts of the holiday village.



The evening was spent listening to traditional French music that played from the quayside between 9pm and 11pm. A two man band on an carnival float which looked like a traditional french canal barge, playing traditional musical instruments and dressed in costume was absolutely brilliant!


Comments