The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

new friends ...

Whilst in La Rochelle we've met some really lovely people. Many hours have been spent socialising especially with Richard and Judy, owners of 'Flirtie' a Voyager 40 who are making their way back to the UK having spent several years in Portugal and the Med. They had transport and kindly offered to drop us off at the airport and collect us upon our return.

They also took us to nearby Rochefort to enable us to decide if we wanted to winter there or in La Rochelle and we've spent a few very enjoyable lunch/evening meals together.

We also met Stephanie and Barry, owners of 'Festina Lente' a very nice Hallberg Rassy 352 that has been much upgraded. During one of our many get togethers the subject of 'washing' came up and we discovered that they actually had a small washing machine on board.



For a while I've been keen to see one in action and now that I have, it's definitely something for the christmas list. They must have seen my excitement (they say simple things please simple minds) and they very kindly offered to take us shopping to a number of camping and DIY shops (they too have transport). Unfortunately we chose a Monday forgetting that most of the shops are either shut or open half days, so I didn't walk away with one but watch this space!


Comments