The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Dartmouth Yachts - Patrella & Paradise in La Rochelle

Before leaving Dartmouth we became friends with Mike and Kim, owners of 'Petrella' a Moody 36 and Paul and Ness, owners of the Super-Yacht (its actually a catamaran) 'Paradise'. We've been keeping in close contact ever since given our cruising plans are very similar.

Mike and Kim's plans have changed and they are returning back to the UK, so it was a lovely surprise when we received a text saying that they were in La Rochelle passing through. Unfortunately we only spent a few hours with them, but it was great to catch up and celebrate over a large glass of champagne. Read Petrella's blog here.

We also had the opportunity to spend an afternoon and evening with Paul and Ness. They've spent most of the summer cruising Galicia and are now making their way back to Dartmouth for the winter before heading to the Med next year. We had a great evening and walked away with a few tips and ideas. Thank you both and it was wonderful to see you again. PS. Don't forget to purchase a couple of 'granny trolleys' for your shopping - they are in fashion over here!

By the way, we've already downloaded 'Dolphins under my bed' and are enjoying the read. :-)


Comments