The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

confined to the cabin

This morning we've awoken to torrential rain....so much so that we havn't even ventured outside to remove the window covers. Since arriving back in La Rochelle were pleased to say we've seen very little rain, no snow and just a couple of mornings of frost and over the last few weeks we've even been out in tee shirts and slapped on the sun-tan lotion! Spring certainly looked like its on it's way but now I'm not so sure.

With the window and hatch covers in place there's very title natural light streaming into the cabin (only the portlights in the hull sides and cabin doors) so we're pleased we installed a couple of bulkhead lights a few years ago. At least these together with the 12 volts lights provide a warm light below and make for a cossy homely feeling.

...well I don't think we're going anywhere today so I think it's on with the coffee and time to catch up with a few emails and facebook.



If your interested the lights were sourced from Wickes http://www.wickes.co.uk/ottawa-flush-ceiling-light/invt/162369/...
and they were painted with Plasti-kote http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/paint/specialist-paints/spray_paint/-brand-Plasti-Kote/Plasti-kote-Fast-Dry-Enamel-Aerosol-Brass-Effect-100ml-9254087...


Comments