The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

we can see clearly now...

We've just returned from spending a thoroughly enjoyable week with Barry and Steph in St Mard.

It's been lovely catching up with the gossip and seeing what modifications and improvements have been made to the house and garden. We particularly liked the built-in wardrobe in 'our room' ;-).

Whilst there we borrowed the sewing machine again so that we could replace the window material in the canopy, re-stitch and make a few repairs to the tonneau cover in preparation for our return to the UK in December. A little bit of Déjà vu? Yes!

We planned to do the sewing in the garage but the weather was so cold they insisted on us doing it inside so we ended up taking over their dining area and turned it into a workshop with sewing machine, a huge table, lengths of material and bits 'n' bobs everywhere.



The sewing was monotonous so we really appreciated the help and support. Steph wisely kept out of the way and instead kept us all very well fed and watered indeed. Her lemon meringue is just to die for... mouth-watering and delicious. We have the recipe if anyone's interested.

With sewing complete that left just a few other jobs one of which involved welding and the other using some fantastic glue that we haven't been able to source yet which uses infra-red to set the glue off.


Barry at work... overlooked by foreman Bruce

Once again, thank you both so much for your kind and generous hospitality. We couldn't have done it without you. See you soon.


Comments